1) For the first four months of 2009 I will not buy new clothes and instead will thrift them and make/refashion them myself. i've taked a 4 month pledge with wardrobe refashion. I have to post each week on my progress of not shopping for new clothes and share any clothes that I refashioned from my own wardrobe or thrifted. I plan on making several peices from existing clothes and my sewing stash including:
- A victorian ruffly coat
- a short sleeve jacket in an Asain print fabric
- A pink skirt
- modified black cords
- A purple puffy sleeve shirt with patchwork
- a purple skort
2) I plan to craft more. I have several knitting projects planned including some socks, scraves and tops. As we rang in the new year, I taught myself cabling and managed to already have a birthday present done for my mom. I'm also branching out from using established patterns and designing my own projects.
3) I plan to submit some of these designs to online knitting magazines to keep up my freelancing writing that I have neglected for the past few years.
4) I plan to periodically look at the mundane things around me and devise a better, prettier way. Functional items tend to get forgotten and I want to make sure that at least some of those functional things end up pretty, almost pieces of art in themselves but with a practical everyday use to them.
I invite you to think of what your plans for 2009 are. How do you plan to prettify your life?